sábado, 22 de septiembre de 2018

A Car Crash....in a Bike Lane

Crashed cars in a bike lane.
 On my way home this evening I encountered these two cars crashed into each other in Carrera Septima's bike lane, across from Independence Park and almost beside the CAI police station.

These cars have seen better days.
My first thought was to wonder what the cars were doing in the bike lane when they crashed, or whether they smashed together somewhere else and the skidded into the lane, hopefully not taking any cyclists with them. (I'm not sure how long previously the accident had happened, but I saw no ambulances, so hopefully nobody was seriously injured.)

The second thing which struck me about the crash scene was the lack of measures to prevent cyclists from crashing into the smashed cars. On the other hand, someone had very thoughtfully placed reflectors in the street to warn drivers against hitting the cars in the bike lane.
Reflectors thoughtfully placed to prevent other cars from hitting the smashed cars in the bike lane.


By Mike Ceaser, of Bogotá Bike Tours

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario